Today was a great day. We had the pleasure of donating several thousand dollars to local nonprofit organizations, in the name of RepowerYolo homeowners. (When homeowners go solar, we donate $500 to the local charity of their choice; we call this YoloShines.)
Today our community shined:
- A $500 donation to the Willowbank Club to support its habitat improvement program, on behalf of the Reynolds+Hiss family.
- In the name of the Buckel family, $500 to First Baptist Church.
- New Hope CDC: $500 from (THE GREAT) Baker family.
- Meals on Wheels: $500 thanks to the Reno family.
- $1,500 to Yolo Food Bank, as designated by the Andrews, Sherman and Rogers families.
- With thanks to the Belgum family, $500 to Yolo Interfaith Immigration Network.
- $500 to (the amazing!) STEAC, thanks to the Bercutts.
- An increasingly important organization, Davis Community Meals: $500 at the request of the Kennedy family.
- $250 each to Friends of the Davis Public Library and Yolo Hospice thanks to the Bramburg+Curley family.
- $500 to Yolo County SPCA, on behalf of the Riel family.
Sounds trite, but it's more fun giving away money than making (or spending) money. The essential fabric of our community is strengthened. Please join us in supporting these -- and dozens of other -- worthy organizations in our community.